Friday, November 03, 2006

Drama at the MTV EMAs


Hip-hop star Kanye West stormed on stage at the MTV Europe Music Awards last night, when he missed out on Best Video to Justice Vs Simian. On the red carpet prior to the award, West told MTV, "I should definitely win best hip-hop. I should definitely win that (best video) also."

However, when French DJ Justice went on stage to accept the Best Video trophy for We Are Your Friends, a furious West joined him. West shouted, "Fuck this! My video cost a million dollars. "Pamela Anderson was in it, I was jumping across canyons and shit! If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility. Nothing against you (Justice Vs Simian), but hell man."

At the press conference afterwards, West was still angry over the award, saying, "I haven't seen (the Justice Vs Simian video). Possibly it could have been quite good, but no way better than Touch The Sky. "That is complete bullshit, I paid a million. Obviously it's not all about the money, but the response it got transcended everything, it really made great TV. It took a month to film; I stood on a mountain; I flew a helicopter over Vegas. I did it to be the king of all videos and I wanted to walk home with that award. "

This is so embarrassing and hilarious at the same time. Pamela Anderson? Yeah, having a saggy beat up ex-Baywatch star in your video really seals the deal. You don't even have to see the competition... when you've got Pam on your side, and you fly a helicopter over Vegas, there's no way your video could be anything but #1. And throwing a tantrum is usually the best way to take back the award you deserve!


Watch Kanye blow up!




[source 1]
[source 2]

Elf Cosmetics

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

FragranceNet.com

dELiA*s

Alloy.com

Google
Web fruitandwater.blogspot.com
DERMAdoctor.com, Inc.

GreatSkin.com

AllZines.com

Blog Flux Directory Top Blogs Entertainment blogs Blogroll.net