Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Jessica's movie got her through hard times


Jessica Simpson says filming her new movie helped her get through a tough period – the aftermath of her split from husband Nick Lachey.

"I was going through a pretty rough time while making Employee of the Month," she said at the film's Los Angeles premiere on Tuesday, "so all these guys just really lightened my day. They made it bright."

And she had her own way of giving back to her colleagues: "I made cupcakes here and there. I love to bake so I would bring stuff to set all the time."

Wait a minute-- the girl who burns things in the kitchen and gets confused about canned meat "loves to bake?" And yeah, I'd bet that a million dollar paycheck would be a nice pick-me-up after a divorce! As long as Nick doesn't try to get his hands on some of the money.


But even though filming was fun, Simpson was still nervous about what audiences would think. Luckily, reception at the premiere was positive. "I'm beaming right now," she said after the screening. "I'm so glad that everybody was laughing and enjoying themselves and having a good time. I had butterflies. I thought I was going to throw up or pee in my pants. I didn't know which one I was going to do. I was so nervous. I feel good now."

Simpson feels good in general these days. "I couldn't be in a better place," she said. Of the single life, she said, "I'm learning a lot about guys and a lot about myself. The best relationship is when you know yourself and can give back."

Good for you, Jess. After a divorce is the perfect time to find yourself. (Hold on- you should have done that before you jumped on the marriage wagon! Oh well. Better late than never.)

More of Jess at the premiere of Employee of the Month:



[source 1]
[source 2]

Elf Cosmetics

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

FragranceNet.com

dELiA*s

Alloy.com

Google
Web fruitandwater.blogspot.com
DERMAdoctor.com, Inc.

GreatSkin.com

AllZines.com

Blog Flux Directory Top Blogs Entertainment blogs Blogroll.net