Friday, August 11, 2006

Courtney Cox explains her hellishly long marriage

Courtney Cox and David Arquette have been married for seven years. *Gasp!* A Hollywood couple staying married for seven years is like a normal person holding their breath underwater for seven years. It just doesn't happen all that often. Courtney tries to explain the insanity by quoting her therapist:

"He said, "Courtney, can you see how David gets embarrassed to have any kind of public fight?" I don't scream, but I have no problem saying what I'm feeling in the moment. David's the opposite. So if I need to get something out, I have to say, 'David, can you come talk to me for a minute outside?' Had I done that, (the fights) wouldn't have gotten nearly as big."

Another key to their seven-year marriage: "We just really like each other," Cox tells Life. "He gets a kick out of me, and I get a kick out of him. We're a good balance for each other. He likes the fact that I'm so gregarious – although it can also make him very uncomfortable – and I like the fact that he is so sensitive. We're a great team."

Ok, so what we've learned is that Courtney bitches out her husband in public, and she's also "gregarious" (code for loud and obnoxious) while David is a sensitive guy. Bitchy, loud wife + sensitive husband = painfully long marriage. I hope you newlyweds out there are taking notes!



[source]

Elf Cosmetics

Frederick's of Hollywood, Inc.

FragranceNet.com

dELiA*s

Alloy.com

Google
Web fruitandwater.blogspot.com
DERMAdoctor.com, Inc.

GreatSkin.com

AllZines.com

Blog Flux Directory Top Blogs Entertainment blogs Blogroll.net